Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Aloe Oil Trials: Face and Hair

After several weeks of using the Aloe and coconut oil blend I have seen an impressive amount of improvement in both my hair and complexion.

Hair:
My hair is long, thick, and wavy. Damage includes coloring (my hair has never been bleached), the repeated use of a flat iron and curler, sun exposure, split ends, rough cuticle, breakage, and the dreaded frizz. The outermost layer of my hair suffers the most from frizz and brittleness while the underside remains healthy and smooth.
I used the Aloe oil mostly on the ends and outermost layer of my hair. The oil helped seal in the cuticle, making hair smooth and shiny; but maybe a little too shiny. The oil proved to be heavy, so it was used sparingly. As the weeks went by the frizz became much more manageable and I noticed less breakage. The oil could be lighter, so as to not weigh down hair and leave a more mattee sheen.

Face:
In the evenings I wipe my face down with the same Aloe oil blend, massaging it into the skin and wisking it away with a damp cottonball. This lifts away most of the dirt, so the soap can penetrate deep into the pores instead of battling grime stuck on the surface.
I have very acne prone, oily skin. Damage includes distressed and blemished skin and the need to correct skin tone. After weeks of using this oil every night and sometimes in the morning I noticed an amazing improvement. The oil did not clog pores as one might expect, but did the exact opposite. It soothed redness and evened out pigment discoloration. Scars left behind are beginning to fade and my complexion is looking smoother overall. Breakouts have become more manageable due to the deep pore clensing the oil is able to accomplish and skin is even starting to appear firmer.
To battle my oily complexion I have begun to use a jojaba oil and lemon extract blend in the mornings (after the Aloe blend if I decide to use the Aloe oil in the morning). The jojaba helps control excessive oil production by glands and the lemon extract evens out skintone.

I was so impressed by how the oils worked that I have decided to tweak my original recipie and blend three specially customized Aloe oils to meet the needs of my face, body, and hair.

                  The Green Project 2013
                               ~Gabby
                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment